As we ease into autumn I’d like to share five things I will miss about summer.
1. Having windows open. I really love fresh air and it’s a pleasure to have the windows and doors open all day. I will miss that during the cold months.
2. Floppy hats. I love hats and during the summer I can indulge because those big brims help keep the sun off of my fair skin.
3. Sandals. By the time winter is over I’m dying to get into a pair of sandals. They’re so easy to slip on and work with everything. I’ll miss the sandals.
4. Rizzoli & Isles. The summer season is over. Now I have to wait until later in the winter. Boo!
5. Longer days. I love that during the summer it stays light out until around 9pm. I really hate daylight savings time and in a few weeks we’ll be setting the clock back. And it’s really annoying to have to change all the clocks and that it’s dark just after 4pm. What’s with that?
I know that there are some really great things to look forward to in the autumn and I will take a few days to mourn the loss of summer but it’ll be back next year. And I’ll be pulling out the sandals and floppy hats and throwing open the windows.
So, what will you miss from the summer as fall approaches?
We’re in that odd seasonal place now – the last weeks of summer and the beginning of autumn. As we ease out of summer and into autumn the weather is a crap shoot. Hot, humid one day, cool, breezy the next day and damp, rainy the next. Dressing for this transition period is challenging to say the least. But this gal is always up for a challenge.
Looking at the calendar I’m making mental notes of the activities I’d like to do before winter sets in. There’s apple picking, there’s the trek up to the largest outdoor flea market in Connecticut, there’s pumpkin picking, there’s a mega-yarn expo, antiquing and there’s always a lunch date.
With a lunch date with the girls coming up soon I’ve been thinking what I’d like to wear. I’ve put together a fashion collage of a look that will work weather the day is a little too hot or nicely cool.
What early autumn activity are you looking forward too and what item are you dying to wear during the transition between summer and fall?
I’m so happy to report that this past week I kicked a$$ with my workouts. Yes, I did. The main reason I say that is because I had a choice on Thursday to do a workout or not. I chose to do a workout, it was a short workout but it was something. Anytime you choose to do something, you’re successful.
Sunday - 30 Day Butt Lift 1 Tone Up
Monday - 30 Day Butt Lift Booty Booster & Leslie Sansone 2 Fast Miles
Tuesday - 30 Day Butt Lift Fat Burning Cardio
Wednesday - Rest day
Thursday - 30 Day Butt Lift Booty Yoga & Leslie Sansone 1 Mile
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 30 Day Butt Lift Firm Extreme & Leslie Sansone HiiT
Sunday - Treadmill, 2 miles & gardening
I guess you can tell that I’m pleased with this week in review. I had a couple opportunities to ditch a workout but I’ve set a goal and I’m determined to reach it. If not exceed it. In reviewing the week, I do see that I need to make sure I had in upper body work in the coming weeks.
That was my week, how was your workouts?